Monday, November 15, 2010

Shoulda Woulda Coulda Artist #4: The Free Pop Electronic Concept

As I've said a few times before, it never seems to amaze me how so many great artists have been thrown to the wayside, while the J.Los and Justin Bieber's of the world seems to get more than their fair share of the pie. Perhaps the greatest tragedy of them all is Portugal's Free Pop Electronic Concept. I'll be honest with you, I don't know much about this group because there simply isn't a lot of information. The group is a collaboration between brothers Jess & James and the Belgian composer Arsene Souffriau.

How does this album sound you ask? Well, the artists describe it as "Take a third of free jazz and another third of pop music, and a third of electronic music, add several pinches of technical performances, shake and serve cold on a great record player." How awesome does that sound? This album mixes crazy abstract wierdness with beautiful motown-esque soul. The tunes are catchy, but they also satisfy my need for in your face avant-guard insanity.

I'd say pick this album up if you can, but I have no idea where you'd get it. Instead, just enjoy these beautiful snippets of love from me to you!







EDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment