Thursday, October 14, 2010

Muddy Waters Folk Singer

One of the great things about ipods is that you can unexpectedly revisit albums that you might not have listened to for quite some time. On my way home from work today I listened to what is in my opinion Muddy Waters best album, Folk Singer. The album features quite possibly the best cast of blues musicians ever assembled on any record (Clifton James, Willie Dixon and Buddy Guy) and is beautifully recorded and produced. It actually sounds like Muddy himself is performing just for you because you can hear all the subtleties of the recording studio. Muddy sounds great and his guitar work is pure genius. I can't recommend this album enough and I am very glad that I revisited it again after so many years,



EDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment