Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's Time to kick Out the Jams!

While I am not really a big Pearl Jam fan, I was lucky enough to see them for the first time during one of my final days living in New York City. I came in with no real expectations and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. They rocked pretty well and I was definitely blown away by the intensity of the crowd. I've never really seen a crowd that into a live act before and I have to give some serious props to the band.

One of my favourite moments was went the band covered MC5's Kick Out the Jams. I think I may have been one of five people in the room who knew what was coming the second Eddie Vedder started to mumble "it's time to... it's time to... it's time to kick out the jams motherfuckas!" I immediately jumped in to sing along with Eddie and danced my ass off. The cover was alright, but it was great to hear that song live.

I luckily found the video on youtube. Check it out for yourself!



EDJ

1 comment: