Friday, September 10, 2010

Top Five Favorite Scene's in High Fidelity

Anyone who has seen the movie or read the book High Fidelity knows that it is loaded with top five list pertaining to everything on relationships, movies and music. As a tribute to this cult classic, I have created a top five scenes in High Fidelity list. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I highly recommend you do so. It is fun, funny, and sweet.

#5 The Monday Tape- This happens early in the movie and, while I am a big Belle & Sebastian fan, it's still pretty funny to see Jack Black's dance moves.


#4 Top 5 Things I Miss About Her- While this is not a music related moment, it is a sweet and tender scene that makes the film really real.


#3 Ian- I am a big Tim Robbins fan I as much as I like to see his dramatic roles, I think he's a great comedy actor. In this scene, Ray (Tim Robins) is approaching Rob (Jon Cusak) about his stalking Rob's ex. The film then cuts to Rob fantasy and juxtaposes it with the reality. Oh if we only did what we wished we could!


#2 Top 5 Side Ones/Track Ones- I can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation.



#1 The Collector- My favorite scene didn't make the move. At one point in the film, Rob subtly answers the phone about a collector wanting to sell their records. When he arrives, he is overwhelmed by the greatest 45 collection he has ever seen! The woman's offers the collection to him for 50 bucks, but he virtuously refuses and she looks for someone else to buy it. I would have bought it in a heartbeat.



EDJ

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I bought this book with you on your last day in Etown! I'm almost done reading it, and I find it totally amazing! There are so many smart thoughts and they're expressed in such hilarious ways! I loved the movie, and I'm loving the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this movie!! And ditto on picks #2 and #3...the deleted scene #1 just pissed me off..I'm actually glad they deleted it cuz it would've made me just want to smack him -$50 for that collection - fukn nuts!!! lol

    ReplyDelete